Nowadays, On Demand software or Software-as-a-Service are accepted business models—think Google, Salesforce.com, Basecamp. Even in Derivatives Analytics there are some providers that have On Demand offerings.
However, DEXISION is the first integrated Derivatives Analytics suite that is fully Web-based—modeling, valuation, analysis, data storage, reporting are all done via Web access. Nevertheless, the AJAX paradigm provides desktop-like usability.
Some advantages of this model are:
- no installation: as a user you do not need to install something, there are no compatibility issues, etc.—just open the browser and start working
- powerful infrastructure: the Web-based model allows you to access our powerful infrastructure even via a tiny notebook; the performance of the application is independent of your hardware
- central data management: for groups being distributed around the globe, DEXISION allows a central storage of financial models, files, etc. in combination with a rights & role management (e.g. a quant might have rights to change a derivatives model while a trader can only use it)
- data protection: our solution protects your data among others via encrpytion (SSL), firewalls, password protection, redundant storage on separate hard drives, regular backups
- high security: we work with a professional infrastructure provider that offers one of the highest security standards available; for example, the server center features 24/7 facility surveillance, technical entrance control with logging, video control, locked cages for servers, protection against fire and water, redundant and fall-back electricity supplies, redundant high-speed Internet connections
- regular updates: due to our update plan and/or bug fixes we regularly maintain and update DEXISION so that you have always access to the latest version with the latest features; the software and the infrastructure grows constantly
Compare these features with a typical desktop solution, e.g. MS Excel-based, where you are on your own to accomplish all this.